The Regs are the rules of Motley Dog Training, and we hate to have them but, we do want you to know exactly what you are agreeing to and buying. Many of you will come to us for help for your dog. We thank you and want you to succeed.
Motley Dog Training responsibility to you and your dog
Our responsibility to your dog is our top priority. We do spend time planing for every dog training session, this includes the first session. Your dog training sessions are based on the information you provide and what we see in session, so, they are actually designed just for you and your dog. Don’t like writing email reports? Send us videos. To get the best results, questions should be about your training plan and mastering the techniques we designed for you. The biggest obstacle to success is that when your dog’s behavior improves, you stop following your program. Yes, your dog’s behavior will improve so, keep following the Motley Dog Training.
We check our work
We also have a number of contacts in the dog world, including other elite dog trainers and dog training groups as well as veterinarians and other professionals, and we consult with them on a regular basis. Why? The day you think you know it all is the day you need to stop practicing. We are only as good as our last session, and we have a high bar we set for ourselves.
Motley’s Policies : The “Regs”
- Full payment is due at our first session.
- Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Packages must be completed within four weeks, extra time is at the discretion of your trainer.
- No refund will be granted for any unused portion of the package.
- Scheduling a session demonstrates agreement with policies and procedures.
Cancellations & No-Shows
In it for the dogs
- You may reschedule any session by providing 24 hours advanced notice. Last minute schedule changes will be allowed, no exceptions.
- No credits or refunds will be granted for no shows or cancellations with under 24 hours notice. No exceptions.
- If you are late to a session, you are still responsible for full payment of the session. If we are late, we will make sure you have a full session.
- The length of the sessions are always at the discretion of the trainer.
- All Sessions must be scheduled and confirmed via email
- If we do not show up, something serious happened, and you will receive a free session.
Communications and Drops
- If we have made two attempts to contact you with no response, we will consider this as self drop or abandonment from the program and no refund will be issued.
- Scheduling, we will offer you open time slots each week if you choose not to take a time slot for more than two weeks consecutively, this will be considered, self drop or abandonment, from the program. Unless other arrangements were made with your trainer in advance. We do not guarantee time slots, current teams are first, they pay in advance, we make ever effort to be accommodating but, we can only offer what we have available on any given week. No Elite training is not flexible. No refund will be issued.
- Hey, you can drop us, if you decided for whatever reason that we are not for you, tell us. We will work it out. Every week, we communicate with you via email so, you have ample opportunity to let us know how you feel. If after completion of your session or session package you decided that this was not for you, we apologize but, no refund will be issued. You can not eat the entire meal and then complain about it and expect your money back.
If we drop you from the program:
- Yes, we can and have dropped people from the program, we are not in this to take money from people so, if we see that this is not for you, you will receive a refund for the unused portion of your prepaid package based on our single session rate. Examples, if you had two sessions and were dropped, you would owe us $300.00 ($150 per session) and your refund would be $200.00. If you completed three of the four sessions, you would owe us, 3x $150 =$450, your refund would be $50.00. One session you pay $150 or if it goes badly we just call it a day. Motley Dog Training is not for everyone, it is not designed to be.
- You are responsible for your safety and your dog’s safety. Regardless of the situation or “cause”, you choose to bring your dog into public and work with us, all responsibilities of dog ownership remains yours. Why is this? Dogs and people are not robots, they are unpredictable. You are volunteering for training, you still retain any and all liability and responsibility for you and your dog.
- Dogs must be current on age-appropriate vaccinations, and we must be made aware of any and all medical concerns, conditions including behavioral concerns. Please do not under-reported past aggression or misrepresent any aspect of your dog. We have even had those who misinform us regarding the dog’s breed.
- We like email. You can call and leave a message but, we do not answer phone calls when we are training… Just rude. Hard to text with big dopey fingers, so, just email. Thank you.
- We will check in with you every week. Furthermore, we should see that you are practicing the recommended techniques and asking questions about these techniques. If there is no evidence of your following the training, we can not be held responsible for your results. Do not combine our techniques with those of others. The results of doing so are on you, and in the majority of cases they will be poor.
- Come to your first session as you are. We want to see what you have, what you are doing and get to know you and your dog.
If you are late:
- If you are late, don’t bother to call, we will try to hang in there for an extra 15 mikes (minutes). But, this is at our discretion. Show up as soon as possible, so we get the most of your one-hour session. If you are early, you will likely have to wait. If we start early, we will finish early. Were we late? We will stay late. On occasion the team before you has a few extra questions we, will likely ask you to wait, we would do the same for you.
You have got to be kidding me! We have to violate our own privacy simply to be in an acceptable position on the internet, so, fair warning, never put anything on-line that you would not share with your Mother. We have no intention of collecting information about you, putting you on an email list or any other list. Companies are shifting this responsibility to small businesses but, here is the bottom line, you are responsible for your privacy and the privacy of your friends and family so, if you don’t want everyone to know about it do not put it on the internet.
COVID-19 and the Monkey Pocks.
Yes, your dog can get covid, wearing a muzzle will not help.
The good news is that we train outdoors in most cases so, this is not going to be a problem, and we have had zero problems with COVID but, tell us if you have concerns, and we will accommodate.
Last update 08/2022
Any policy is subject to change, without notice and is at the sole discretion of Motley Dog Dog Training aka Motley Dog Training